• The Norstar MICS system can be a mini (no expansion cartridge installed), a midi (installed with a two-port expansion cartridge), a maxi (installed with a six-port expansion cartridge), or a mega (Combination Fiber six-port Services Cartridges and Services cartridges for a total of 14 ports) system.
• The MICS-XC system has all the functionality of MICS, plus it supports module 13 and 14, which provides additional digital/analog telephone support as well as the legacy Companion wireless functionality.
Both systems support ISDN PRI and BRI, and T1 functionality.
Nortel Norstar Modular ICS (MICS) FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Grow your business at the pace that works best for you
• Improve your productivity and save money
• Add features and applications as you need them
• Achieve cost savings and operational simplicity
• Investment protection & easy migration
Good Quality and Custom Fit for Your Business – Use only what you need!
• Expandability (pay for what you use)
• Upgradeable architecture (pay for what you need)
• One of the highest reliability ratings in the industry
• User programming
• Value‐added applications to improve customer service
Norstar Modular Integrated Communications System (MICS) was Designed to be both flexible and scalable, there is ample room to expand the software and hardware capacity of the Norstar Modular ICS supporting:
• Up to 248 ports in various configurations
• Advanced integrated applications: voice messaging, unified messaging, digital networking, and enhanced call centers
• Software and system expansion modules that let you grow as your business needs change
• All Business Series Terminals
• Supports Norstar VoIP Gateway for IP Telephony
When you’re searching for a business communications system, there’s one name that appears time and time again— Norstar, from Nortel Networks.
In fact, more people buy Norstar than any other voice solution in the world. Today, you’ll find Norstar telephones on the desks of more than 15 million people, in more than 80 countries around the globe, making Norstar the #1 voice solution in the world. And in 2001, Norstar achieved the ranking of #1 phone system in North America† as well. That’s because Norstar offers the advantage of sophisticated features that are easy to use and give businesses the flexibility to handle future growth and new services, too. Plus, Norstar offers outstanding quality, with one of the highest reliability ratings in the industry.
† Source: InfoTrack for CPE and Multimedia 04/2001, Phillips InfoTech Consulting, Inc.
The Norstar Modular Integrated Communications System (MICS) Core Unit includes 2 universal slots for use with analog and digital line/trunk cartridges Core Unit supports 32 station ports Allows growth up to 272 ports in various combinations of lines and expansion levels
The Norstar Modular Integrated Communications System (MICS) also Supports Analog Station Modules for the the addition of analog single line devices (e.g. single line telephones, fax, modem, etc.)
The Norstar Modular Integrated Communications System (MICS) Supports ISDN-BRI, PRI, and T1 digital services as well as point-to-point communications and private networking between locations
The MICS is Compatible with voice messaging, unified messaging, digital networking, and enhanced call centers
The Norstar Modular Integrated Communications System (MICS) is also compatible with all Norstar M7000 and T7000 Business Series Terminals Basic control unit configured for 0 lines and 32 station ports providing flexibility to add analog or digital line/trunk cards
New Features and Hardware for version 7.0 Digital/analog telephone support on station modules installed on ports 13 and 14 on a mega system (MICS-XC software) An additional 32 target lines have been added to the core system for mega systems Compatibility with Norstar Networks Digital Mobility system SWCA enhancements Norstar MICS 7.0 (0x32) Includes MICS Cabinet w/Power Supply Wall Mounting Bracket MICS Release 7.0 Software Card NVRAM Cartridge Rel 02 Buy with Confidence.